Promoting and Protecting the Industry
BFFF is the UK’s frozen food trade association, with approaching 300 members comprising Producers, Wholesalers, Importers, Exporters, Brokers, Retailers and related Associate businesses. Membership provides an excellent opportunity for frozen food companies and associates to gain awareness at both commercial and legislative levels and also to understand how BFFF is promoting the industry.
BFFF has a unique and substantial membership covering the entire cold chain from large companies to SMEs, which increases its influence with Government and outside agencies. Membership services are offered impartially to each individual member company.
BFFF - Bringing the Frozen Food Industry Together!
• The leading trade association for the frozen food industry
• Members cover the complete cold chain of supply
• Renowned events – excellent networking opportunities
• Promotional campaign covering both the foodservice sector and consumers
• Industry magazine ‘The Bulletin’
• Technical & Legislative advice
• Health & Safety advice
• Trade & Business leads
• Annual awards for new products
• Members benefit schemes
- The Bulletin – A 10 times per year publication circulated to a readership of around 2500 decision makers in the frozen food industry. Each new member benefits from a prominent New Member’s Profile in this publication. The Profile is published free of charge for an editorial or £215 if you choose to have colour pictures within your feature. You could therefore recoup a substantial part of your membership fee in the first year as an equivalent advertorial would cost £925. Members also benefit from free publication of their press releases in The Bulletin and on our website.
- Membership list – on joining you will receive a copy of all our members’ details to allow you to carry out direct marketing campaigns if you so wish. You are also able to use the BFFF Logo on all your letterheads, business cards, vehicle livery etc.
- Prestigious industry networking events – The Annual Luncheon is held in November each year and gathers together 1000 key industry figures, many of which are buyers for the industry. The Gala Dinner is held in June each year and also announces the winners of the Annual Awards for New Products scheme, which recognises and rewards quality initiatives in new products – the ‘Oscars’ of the frozen food industry.
- BFFF Conference and Exhibition - Launched in 2011 the new BFFF conference and exhibition brings the industry together to hear visionary speakers leading the debate on all matters topical to frozen. The conference provides a superb networking opportunity and the exhibition allows members to showcase products and services. The date for the next conference is Thursday 21st February 2013.
- Regional Seminars - These seminars allow members to learn more about BFFF and provide an excellent networking opportunity with around 50/70 attendees. Venues are typically sporting arenas and Associate members can hire a table top to promote their products and services.
- Suppliers Seminars - Recently introduced, members have the chance to introduce suppliers to associate membership and hear more about what BFFF is doing to promote and protect the industry. Another great opportunity for networking.
- ‘Frozen Food at IFE 13’ – BFFF provides an information centre to assist in sourcing products and services and a members’ hospitality area which provides a meeting place for all connected with frozen foods. The exhibition is held at ExCeL, London.
- BFFF hosted seminars/workshops pertinent to industry issues and members’ needs for example in areas such as health & safety, sales training and price negotiation.
- Projects to address special issues – Elected committees look at issues and initiatives affecting the industry as a whole and sector-specific. Working Groups of selected specialists tackle key industry issues.
- Arbitration service for members who are unable to resolve a trade dispute, but who do not wish to undertake legal recourse.
- Membership Rates: Compared to any other similar trade associations, our membership fees are low and offer outstanding value for money to members. Our services are offered impartially, small companies are treated no differently and can benefit just as much as multi-nationals.
- Trade and Business Leads – we receive enquiries on a regular basis for frozen food products and services. In addition buyers contact us when sourcing new products or researching new suppliers. We actively promote our members on all trade enquires.
BFFF Member Benefit Schemes:
- Energy Purchasing Scheme – BFFF offers its members the opportunity to purchase their energy from the wholesale market. This market would normally only be available for companies with a significant spend in energy. The collective strength of the Federation has made it possible to offer this to all members regardless of size.
- Water Audit Services - This BFFF member benefit provides a free, no obligation audit of water costs for all BFFF members. The provision of water is a monopoly and businesses cannot simply choose another water supplier in order to save money. As well as a free appraisal of current water charges, this service provides members with advice on reducing water consumption.
- Insurance Scheme - BFFF recently launched an insurance scheme exclusively for BFFF members. The scheme provides a Free Risk Management Assessment Service focusing on Property & Business interruption and Employers Liability Risks as well as a range of insurance products. We aim to provide our members with the opportunity to review their current cover to ensure it is fit for purpose, save costs or indeed obtain enhanced cover without additional costs.
- Trade and Consumer Websites – www.bfff.co.uk is an informative website with a ‘Member’s Only’ area for member contacts, the latest T&L and Keep it Safe updates together with back copies. The BFFF website also provides market data for retail, foodservice and the international markets and links to members websites. www.thenewiceage.com is a consumer orientated website which promotes the benefits and use of Frozen Foods.
- Consumer Promotion - This campaign capitalises on the growing consumer interest in frozen food, particularly the minimal wastage, the locked-in nutritional goodness and, of course, the excellent value that frozen has to offer.
- Foodservice Promotion - our campaign educates, promotes, excites and informs the key participants within the foodservice industry about the values of frozen food.
- Influence and Consultation – BFFF is influential in a wide range of issues with Defra, the Department of Health and the Food Standards Agency. The Federation keeps its members aware at an early stage of all eventualities that might affect them.
- Support Services – Members are kept informed of technical and legislative issues via the T&L update and receive early warnings of impending initiatives. We also keep members up to date with new legislation and campaigns on Health & Safety via the Keep it Safe e-newsletter. We provide a Hot Line for confidential issues in Technical & Legislative and Health & Safety.